Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!!

Wow! I must say it has been a truly amazing & phenomenal few days!!!  I think my body is still trying to catch up with all that has gone on lol So lets see, where to begin!

Thursday night was supposed to be Round 2 of the Can You Remember the Lyrics Contest at the Cecil Hotel....

I say was supposed to be because as Murphy's Law would have it, we had severe technical difficulties and it took about an hour and a half to fix - so we ended up doing Karaoke instead lol  But that was okay by me lol I ended up singing 3 songs myself and had a great time. Next week we will commence Round 2 so be sure to come on down and give it a whirl!
CJ once again, had saved me a seat at the front table for photo opportunities and I got to sit with Chelsea - who was the FIRST winner of my prize pack in Week 1's giveaways!  She was so excited that she won I was very flattered and her enthusiasm was very contagious!  She showed me photos of her new 11 week old Louisiana Catahoula puppy and he was way too cute!  We also found out we both had a yen to hit the Canada Day celebrations in the park and had no one to go with - so we wound up going together.  


Gunner had a blast making new puppy friends through the day, including the snow cone machine man - who gave Gunner a huge block of shaved ice to sit in the shad with - I have never seen a happier puppy than the gleam in his eye when he figured out that ice was all for him lol.  

There were also some truly amazing performances! My favorite hands down was the Polynesian dancers! They were amazing with grace and skill and you could see on their faces how much they truly enjoyed dancing!  


This little girl made me just giggle! She found the lai on the ground plopped it on her head and joined the dancers in the line.  She was not part of the dance troop lol  The mum came and fetched her but as soon as they started dancing again, she was right up there giving it a whirl with the other dancers again lol

The other performance that got a big thumbs up and super awe moment yesterday was this great couple.  It was their 30th anniversary and they both sing on stage. Afterwards they brought their granddaughter up and while grandma danced, grandpa serenaded them both.  It was super sweet! I got a chance to show grandma and she was very touched, I cannot wait to send her the photographs! 
And on top of that - there was the great dancers in the crowd too! There were several who were older and they two stepped every song they had a chance to!  They were amazing too!  And after all that, I had a birthday party to go to! 

It was Kelly's husbands 50th Birthday!!! So we had a great evening celebration complete with furbabies, teenagers, fireworks, cake & lots of great friends! 

And to top off the night, a really spectacular Canada Day sunset! So it has been an amazing and inspiring few days and I cannot thank my great friends enough for a great & busy few days!  I have so many photos to edit I dont even know where to start!  Have a great weekend everyone!!! May it be as phenomenal and inspiring as my past few days have been!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.