Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kick Off to the Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede

Well it is that time of year again at long last and I have been sooooo excited!!! As I haven't been in Medicine Hat very long, and last year I was unable to attend, this was my first time attending the Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede.  Now, some say I'm a city girl because I've lived in bigger cities growing up, like Seattle, Abbotsford, Edmonton & Victoria.  However, I have also lived and enjoyed being in smaller ones as well like Gibsons & Wembley.  I have also always loved being surrounded by animals be they domestic, wild or farm animals.  I've also attended my share of Agri-Fairs & other farm community summertime celebrations, contrary to popular belief lol.

It was a fantastic day spent with my friend Kelly from La Crosse Photography and her daughter Ariel and we took in the free entertainment venues & Trade Shows on the first $3.00 entry day.  I arrived slightly before they did so I got to check out 1/2 of the Spruce Meadows Prairie Dogs Agility Dog Show before the amazing Chinese Acrobats came on!  As I watched the first part of the amazing acrobats, Kelly arrived.  It was a truly amazing show & as they change the show up all the time, I cannot wait to check them out again on friday!





We did get to also see the full agility show as well after we meandered through the exhibits, had some fairway food & peeked in on our friend Colleen, the Henna artist!  The dogs were truly exceptional! I cannot wait to watch them again on friday as well!




Another fun thing we animal loving gals went to explore was the Petting Zoo! They had some amazing Goats, Llamas, Pigs, Donkeys, Bunnies, Doves, Cows, Camels and more!  Seeing all the Goats there made me think of my friend Julie Austin of Julie Austin Photography & her very special friends at New Moon Goat Sanctuary!  Ariel fed the goats who followed her closely through our trip as did the Donkey.  As I went to shoot a photograph of one of the goats, I heard Kelly shout at me - WATCH OUT! I had been focused on the one goat, while another small one was getting ready to run my way and knock me over - thankfully Ariel distracted him with food before he got to me lol.  








All too soon, it was time to say good bye to the fair, with promises to return again on friday - to tackle the Fairway!!! I cannot wait for tomorrows fun on the Fairway with Kelly & Ariel! What an amazing time! Thank you ladies for an amazing day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.