Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CNIB & Service Animals - Summer Project # 4

CNIB  & Service Animals

My cousin, Hy, has been blind most of his life.  He has also changed laws for those with vision impairments and service dogs as well in the US, something that has inspired many Canadians here who work with Service Animals to try to get incorporated into Canadian Laws as well.  I also know many really fantastic Service (and SURF-ice) animals that do so much in their community - above & beyond caring for and tending to their "Hoomans".  Every day we also have many service dogs to thank for our safety!  Service Animals also help out with things like Search & Rescue,  are K-9 Officers, Military Personal and more!!!  So I would like to do something to help them out this summer as well for all that they do to help those with vision impairments and other disabilities as well!  You can check out some of these amazing Service & SURF-ice dogs on my Causes I Support Links on my blog!  To name a few of these amazing pups:  Kona, Ricochet & Stacey Mae are some of my facebook FUR-einds who are constantly inspiring me! I encourage you to check out their pages as well! 


To help with these I would like to do a photo project taking various photographs of service dogs, in training and at work, and their "hoomans"  they watch over, as well as those who have vision impairments.  This compilation, I am hoping to put into another book & possibly also calendar with as many funds raised going to the CNIB & local service animal charities as possible.  (As before I say as much as possible due to the fact there will be some cost in publication & distribution - I will not personally be seeing a dime of this money it is all for charity).  Anyone who is willing to pose for these shots be you a service animal group or someone with a vision impairment, please contact me on my fan page and let me know.  It is not a paid model shoot -but you will get copies of all photos that you are in.  


I would also like to do a fundraiser as well, again I am not clear on all the details yet it is still an idea, and I am open to all suggestions and help in accomplishing it as well!  I am thinking of doing an event in the park where we can have some service animals present and show their skills, have the CNIB out to share their information and maybe even a few speakers & Donation bins out as well to raise money for this great cause!  Anyone who's interested or knows someone who would be interested in taking part in this event please be sure to contact me!  I am thinking maybe end of July or early August doing this event but I am open to ideas!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.