Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rheumatic Disease Awareness - Summer Project # 6

I have had a rare invisible chronic auto immune disease since I was 9 years old called Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.  So this project is something esp. near and dear to my heart.  There is no known cause or cure and there are over 100 different rheumatic diseases out there.  They strike anyone of any age, creed or gender at any time.  It strikes more people than Diabetes, Cancer & Heart Disease - and yet people care and know less about it than any of those big 3 illnesses.  I would like to help put a change to that, help raise awareness & help bring hope to those of us suffering from it and help us to FIGHT for a CURE! Now I do this every day with everyone I meet online and in person as it is, however this summer, I'd like to step things up a notch or three with YOUR help!

So what are my special summer projects in relation to Rheumatic Disease Awareness?


1) I would like to do another compilation of photos of those of all ages, races, and genders suffering from chronic auto immune diseases - remember Rheumatic Disease is an Umbrella Term for over 100 different Auto Immune Diseases!!! So this applies to a LOT of people!  If you have one - please contact me!  I would like to compile these photos into a LARGE book titled "The Real Faces of Rheumatic Diseases"  to help raise awareness.  A Photo is worth a thousand words - so hopefully it will help get our message across to so many out there!  Again this is not a paid model shoot - but you will get to keep copies of any photos I take of you in exchange.  


2) I would also like to do a second photo project, again I am asking for those in the rheumatic disease community to pose for.  It will be titled "The Rheumatic Disease Journal:  A Day in the Life" to showcase some of the things that WE struggle with everyday that most people don't understand, like Stairs, using a can opener, taking a bazillion pills a day etc.  


3) the topper on this cake for sure!  I want to, for Sept. 01 is the tentative date on this, as September is Arthritis Awareness Month IN CANADA.   I would like to do a large event in the park, I would again offer to do $10.00 digital portraits, I would like to have some people speak about their experiences with rheumatic disease and why this is so important - esp. the YOUNG PEOPLE!  There is a lot of great ideas I'm sure for what great things we could do including having the Arthritis Society and maybe even a few pharmacists and doctors or rheumatologists out and hopefully we can even get some local business owners, athletic stars, politicians and more out to speak & to pose for the shots in both books! So if you know anyone who is willing to take part in any of these three things, or are willing to yourself, or have many more great ideas please give me a shout and let me know and lets get some MAJOR AWARENESS GOING ON THIS SUMMER!!!!  





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.