Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Animal Rescue - Summer Project # 5

 Animal Rescue Project

As many of you have probably guessed by the fact that I am a Pet Photographer, I have a huge heart & passion for animals of all shapes & sizes and it breaks my heart to see them hurt!  In fact, I have 2 rescued cats, Lisa-Lee & Poly-Ana who are the light of my life.  One came from the local SPCA and the other came from S.H.A.R.E.S in Edmonton. As well, I share every fundraiser & cause on my own page on a regular basis.  Animal Abuse takes many forms not just here at home but world wide.  I would like to help as much as I can, which is why my goal is to become part of heARTs Speak (artists helping rescue animals) and offer all local animal rescue groups the same deal.  Free photographs of their animals to get them new homes found as quickly as possible.  I will photograph almost any animal that needs a new home.  


So how does this relate to my summer causes project #5?  Easy!  


1) I would like to do a photo shoot with as many local rescue groups as possible to get as many photos put together of animals in need!  Be they canine, feline or equine etc. I would like to use these photos again to compile into a photo book and / or a calendar that would be sold to raise money for local animal rescue groups.  In this book I would also LOVE to be able to (and heck I might even have to make it 2 books possibly depending on the response I get) also add in Happy Tails!  So if you have rescued an animal from a local rescue group - please let me know! I would love to hear your Tail and also take a few photos to add to the compilation for the book as well! So if you have a rescued animal or work with/for an animal rescue group who would like to participate in this - please contact me!!!


2)  I would also like to put together a fundraiser to help local animal rescue groups! I do not know all the details however I am open to ideas, and to anyone willing to help out in any way, shape or form! I am ideally thinking an event in one of our amazing parks, so that we can have several local animal rescue groups come out and show some pets that need adoption, and maybe even get out the local Agility Club and Service Animals to do some demonstrations as well for everyone!  Id also like to have some large donation bins out for items that could be collected for local rescue groups such as: Blankets, Beds, Toys, Food & Treats - as well as money!  I would like to offer up at the same time - digital Paw-traits for a $10.00 donation to the cause as well at the same time!  


Animals love us unconditionally for who we truly are at heart! Their only goal is to be loved in return.  Sadly many never see this side of us "hoomans"  and only see the worst of our own species.  I would love to be able to do as much as I can this summer to help out as many animals big and small as possible! So please contact me if you are interested in taking part!



My own inspiring rescues!  Miss Poly-Ana rescued by the SPCA Medicine Hat!



Miss Lisa-Lee rescued by S.H.A.R.E.S in Edmonton



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.