Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Project # 6 - Update - Rheumatic Disease Awareness

My summer project #6 is Rheumatic Disease awareness project - part 1 - the photo shoot!  Many people have misconceptions of what a Rheumatic Disease is and what a day in the life is for those of us who live with these Chronic Auto Immune Diseases.  I am hoping that with some help from all of you, my fellow Rheumatic Disease Warriors out there, we can help change this!  


I know first hand that these Chronic Auto Immune Diseases can strike anyone at any age.  I was 9 years old when I, myself, was diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Sjogrens Syndrome, Vasculitis, Polymyositis, Raynauds Syndrome, Lupus & Rheumatoid Arthritis)  I have fought it my entire life as well as the numerous stigmatisms attached to the word "Arthritis" which is why this one is important to me.


I want to do an all ages photo shoot.  Showing all the faces young and old and everywhere in between - to help remind people that it is NOT just something that affects the elderly!  I would love to also put in other Warriors stories (for those who would feel okay with adding them as well.)  This is an all ages casting call and I will and can work around your summer schedule's.  The only qualifications are: 1) You must live locally  2) You must have a Rheumatic Disease and 3) If you are under 18 you must have a parent or guardian sign the release forms.  These photos will be put into a photo book that will be used to help raise awareness & funds from it will go to help the Arthritis Society.  You will receive digital copies of the photographs you are in.  You can RSVP to this shoot if you are wanting to participate by clicking on the title above which will take you to the facebook event page or you can simply email me HERE  Remember this is not just a one day shoot - I can do it anytime between now and August 31 2011 that works for you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.