Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Belated Fathers Day!

Hey everyone, I know this blog post is a smidge behind schedule and I apologize!  Its been a crazy few days for sure!

This fathers day was a little bit harder for me and that is part of the reason for the delay.  My dad passed away in January 2010 of an inoperable pancreatic tumor.  Last years fathers day didn't hurt as bad because my nephew was born in the end of May making things a little happier of a note.  This year however, without the glee of a newborn nephew to balance out things, Fathers Day was a little bit bitter sweet for me this year.

My dad and I of course had many differences through the years; both of us made a lot of mistakes.  But, on Fathers Day it was hard not to simply treasure all of the good times shared and some of the wonderful things he did right, and taught me.  I cannot listen to all the sillier songs of rock without remembering him; Godzilla Ate Up Tuckwilla, The Gooeyduck Song, Boy Named Sue were just a few he loved to sing and chuckle to.  He taught me to always have a passion for learning more, and how to always be able to find out more information (back in the days before internet this took much more skill lol)  He taught me to enjoy things like radio plays and playing croquet.  Simple things were always the most fun.  Camping on Mount Rainer at Huckleberry Creek, or just taking a stroll along the North Jetty in Ocean Shores.  A few other simple things he taught me about was gardening, photography and a deep love and respect of nature and the ocean.  All these things he taught me about and I've since become very passionate about them too.  I know he once wished I would become the first lady on space station freedom, and even though Ive obviously not become that; I like to think hes smiling down at the thought of me becoming a photographer and sharing my unique view of the world with those around me.  

Thankfully, I was also blessed in this world with not one dad, but two.  I also have a stepdad, Freddy whos been my dad for over 20 years now.  And he too has taught me quite a number of things as well that I am thankful for.  

Freddy has also taught me a lot of things about patience and giving; about loving nature and giving back when you can.  I remember him having lunch with a cougar and having a buck (with full rack) come to his whistle.  I think he brought any creature he could home and told my mum to "fix it" (and my mother is not a vet either lol)    Hes taught me how to sit and enjoy the silence (which used to drive me absolutely crazy) and to follow your heart, believe in yourself and fight for what you want & believe in.  Thankfully I can still tell him thank you every fathers day, and every holiday, for all the wonderful things hes done through the years and still continues to do.  Every time I hear "He Didn't Have To Be" I think of him, because, its so true.  

I'm adding a third and special note in here as well for my baby brother too who just became a dad last year right before fathers day (and his birthday).  

My brother and I have always been fairly close even though we've spent a good chunk of our lives living far away from each other.  I always say hes my favorite brother or my baby brother just to irritate our mum because hes my ONLY brother.  Hes always been the more logical minded, more athletic one, although I think we were about even in the lets drive mom crazy department.  He just got his Masters Degree in Criminology last week and I couldn't be prouder.  I always know hes got my back, or will tell me how it really is, and offer constructive criticism whenever and whenever needed (even if its unsolicited lol).  And most importantly, I know he will be an amazing dad to my nephew, Adam, and if my brothers lucky; Adam wont drive him as crazy as he did our mum lol.  

So theres my belated two cents on Fathers Day - I know its not totally photographically related, but its (was) Fathers Day so today its about my two dads, and my baby brother who became a dad last year; the three most important men in my life.  I love you all and thank you so very much for all the wonderful things you all do for me every day. 


HAPPY FATHERS DAY! i LOVE YOU GUYS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.