Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

What a Busy & Spectacular Week!

Well, I have to admit, there is never a dull moment around these parts.  We have had some ...interesting... weather lately so I have collected quite a bit of some interesting sky photography as we have had some intriguing clouds as we crept towards, hit, and recovered from a Tornado Alert.  





I even got a chance to take my girls for a walk in the new grass growing in our side garden too! They loved it!




Today I also went to my very first Lacrosse game with my friend Patti, whos son Cole was playing in a tournament. I must say I did learn a few things thats for sure, I had fun and even managed a few photos as well!  The team is currently undefeated all season! Way to go Predators! 







I also celebrated having 150 fans on my facebook fan page! WOW! It was less than 2 weeks ago I hit just over 50 .... a few days after, I hit 70 and asked my fans if they thought we could make 100 in the few short days before the weekend.....not only did we make it but we've exceeded it! And I must say I do have some "paw-tacular" fans out there who keep my spirits high and keep me constantly inspired too!  So thank you to all my great fans out there! YOU ROCK!!!

I sent out emails to a bunch of groups on thursday & friday in regards to my Summer Projects and I'm happy to say one has said YES, a second was too far away from here, but gave me contact information for a group closer to Medicine Hat, and two are waiting to reply to me next week - so toes crossed they are positive replies so we can, together, make this summer memorable for so many great people & causes!!!!!  I cannot wait to get started!!!

And on a final note, I have to say congratulations to my friend Kathy Wills who drives TNT!  Kelly & I nominated her for the Inspirational Hatter - who gets featured each saturday in our local paper.  This week the feature was on Kathy!  You can see the article HERE.  Kathy inspires me not only because shes the ONLY female Monster Truck Driver in Canada, and is part of the ONLY husband & wife Monster Truck Team - its because she does that AND takes the time to inspire women everywhere her & TNT go - to help raise awareness & funds for Breast Cancer and to support all those women out there fighting to Crush their Cancer & their families as well! Kathy told me when I first met her that everyone always tells her how inspirational she is, but she cannot figure out why because what inspires HER is all the FIGHTERS out there battling Cancer and their families. What Kathy does means alot to me as my mum is now an 8 year THRIVER of Breast Cancer - so it hits very close to home for me. Thank you so much Kathy for all you do hon! You truly are amazing & inspirational!!XO's.



And lastly before I forget, one last tidbit!  If you are local be sure to go down to Cecil Hotel starting on June 23rd  for their Can YOU Remember the Lyrics Contest!!!  It will run for 5 weeks and the top prize is $500.00 cash!!  On top of that, each week there will be door prizes given away as well!  And I have one coupon each week that will be given away good for a free Mini Pet Paw-trait Outdoor Session!!!! So be sure to go on down and check it out and I hope to see you all there!!!


I hope everyone has a great weekend and remember to spoil all those wonderful dads out there tomorrow! I will be making an extra special blog post tomorrow dedicated to my 2 dads & my baby brother too whos son just turned 1 last month!  Take Care & Keep Safe Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.