Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Project # 3 - Update - Anti Bullying/Suicide Awareness/It Gets Better


Much like the others, this is an open ended casting call.  To RSVP simply click on the link in the title above and it will take you to the Facebook Event Page or you can contact me HERE as well.  It is open until August 31, 2011 so that it enables me to be able to photograph as many people as possible around everyones summer schedule's.  I would love to get as big a range as possible in these photographs so that we can send a strong, loud and clear beacon of HOPE to those in these situations.  All models will get digital copies of the photographs that they are in.  This is a three folded project and all, I believe, are intertwined.  Anti Bullying, Suicide Prevention & It Gets Better Project.  All three of these affects so many of us on a daily basis too.  I was bullied as a child in school and recently my friends 14 yr old daughter was bullied so badly she did try to commit suicide.  Thankfully she survived.  A friend of mine in High School who committed suicide, succeeded and I know first hand that it is something you never really heal from.  And although the It Gets Better Project is aimed at LGBT people - I find its message of hope that things get better, despite the bullying and that suicide is not the answer - speaks volumes to everyone whose been bullied or thought about suicide for any reason. All models will receive digital copies of the photos that they are in, which will be put into a photo book that will be used to raise money for these important issues.  

This casting call has a huge range and I hope as many people of all ages, help participate in this as possible!  Not only would I like all ages, but also those who are:  Teachers, Emergency Personnel, Business Owners, Politicians, Athletes, Media Personalities, Musicians etc. to show them that there is HOPE and that WE ARE HERE, WE LOVE THEM & That Suicide is NEVER the answer!  I would especially like to get some people who have been affected by bullying & suicide as well to help with this and help to prevent this from happening to others in the future.  

There are again very simple qualifications to this shoot - 1) You must be local  2) if you are under 18 you must have a parent/guardian with you at the shoot & to sign the release forms


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.