Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thunderstorming Thursday

Well its been an interesting week! We've been on flood watch as the S. Sask. River broke its banks (due to last weeks rain storms) (you can check out some of Kellys photos of the river breaking its banks HERE)and today we are due to have thunderstorms throughout the day again.  Hopefully it will get it all out of its system in time for all of us Hatters to enjoy the Spectrum Sunshine Festival Downtown this weekend! I'm also thrilled because my first set of business cards came in at last!!! What do you think?

Back

Front


If you're a local Hatter, be sure to head on down! I will be there perusing the festival along with my friend Kelly from La Crosse Photography!!  We will be visiting our friends Colleen who's an amazing Henna artist & Kathy  Monster Truck Driver Of TNT who drives to raise awareness & money for Breast Cancer!  Kelly is actually also one of TNT's sponsors & official photographer too!  And of course I can also be found hanging around with miss Patti as well throughout the festival!  This is my first year seeing the festival and all its amazing sights and sounds and after a long cold winter and very wet and cold spring, I'm thrilled to get out of the house and peruse the downtown area and check things out! Some other sights I'm looking forward to is Southern Alberta Light Horse (SALH) - Medicine Hat’s own Regiment, The 3rd Street Block Party, seeing my friend Vera at Dragonfly Dreams and of course having a rest in the Beer Gardens.  More fun sights include: The Petting Zoo (I don't have kids but who says you have to be a kid to enjoy seeing the petting zoo? LOL)  I might even get my face painted you never know lol  There will also be tons of great fun in the artist area to learn Pottery, Massage Demos (I might have to volunteer for that demo I could use one!), Jewelry Making and More!  There will also be tons of items up for sale at the flea market, street performers, giant chess game, volleyball game, a number of bands performing and dont forget to hit up the Monarch Theater who's offering Twoonie Movies too!!  So if you're local keep your eyes peeled!  I will be there with Kelly and we'll both have our cameras clicking away!!!

Hopefully today I will get a TON of editing finished and caught up so I can add Spectrum photos starting next week!!

Have a great day everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone downtown this weekend at my first time at the Spectrum Sunshine Festival! Have a great day all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.