Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Project # 4 - Update - Service Animals & CNIB


My summer project # 4 is of course, service animals and the visually impaired.  This casting call much like the others, is open ended until August 31, 2011, so that it will enable me to do a photo shoot with as many people as possible, and work around everyones summer fun schedule's the easiest.  All those who do the shoot will receive digital copies of their photographs & they will be entered into a photo book that will detail in one -  some amazing and hopefully also a variety of service animals and the amazing things they can do, as well as, in the second, a day in the life of those who are visually impaired (both those with and without service animals).  

I send this casting call SOS out to all those who work with, train or have a service animal.  This includes:  K-9 Police, Airport Security Dogs, Therapy Dogs, Medical Assistance Dogs, Search & Rescue Dogs, Military Dogs etc.  I really would like to get as big of a range as possible!  The call is also, to those who are visually impaired as well.  

Proceeds from the first book will go to help out local Service Animal Groups and the second will go to the CNIB.  

The qualifications for this shoot is simple:  1) you must live locally  2)  You must either work with, train or have a service animal or/and be visually impaired and 3) if you are under 18 you must have a parent/guardian present for the shoot & sign the release forms.


This project is special to me as my dear friend Kelly is visually impaired and my cousin is blind as well.  He has been most of his life and is now working with his second service dog.  His first, Layla helped inspire him to create new laws in regards to Service Animals if they are harmed/attacked while working.  I know first hand the amazing things these wonderful animals can do and I'd like to help them raise some awareness about what they do & some funds as well, so more people who need them can receive one or in some cases, the aid of one in our hours of need. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Rescue Groups

If you are a non profit animal rescue/sanctuary/organization and would like/need photos done of the animals in your care so they can be adopted quickly, please be sure to contact me! I will happily come out and take photos of the animals and give you a CD with the digital copies on it & print rights to them so that these great animals can find their fur-ever homes ASAP. I can even post the photos and their information on my F.B. Studio fan page to help find these babies loving homes if you would like.

I have 2 feline rescues as many of you know already, My Sweet Lisa-Lee & Lil Miss Poly-Ana; two great joys in my life that I cannot imagine my world without, and without them I'd not be here as a photographer. I would be thrilled to help your furry friends find their fur-ever homes! So please be sure to contact me HERE if you are an animal rescue/sanctuary that would like to have some photos taken.